Howwow Online: Study hints and tips Wednesday 24 June 2020
What's it all about?
From revision tips from seasoned exam sitters to thoughts on how to study together in groups, we know that Paraplanners like to share best practice on revision and exam preparation.
In this Howwow, we’re asking Paraplanners, Alan Gow and Claire Lindsay to share their experiences. We’re also joined by Amira Norris from Nucleus who has more experience of sitting and invigilating exams than you can shake a stick at. But that’s not all, giving the CII perspective is Nicola Mellor, their Qualifications Director. Here’s what they will be talking about:
- Creating your own study plan
- Getting the best from revising in groups
- Common pitfalls in preparation
- Sitting the exam: The dos and the don’ts
- Managing exam nerves
And, though we’re not jinxing anything – what to do if you don’t pass?
- Is a remark worth it?
- Should you take it again?
- Looking at options from other examining bodies
Want to ask a question on the topic already? Go on, once you’ve registered, pop your question under the Q&A section – don’t wait for the Howwow, or email us here, or ask on the day.
Meet the Howwow panel
- Alan Gow – Alan is an accredited paraplanner and a member of the PFS Practitioner Panel. He’s been paraplanning since 2005 and providing an outsourced service since 2011. Having taken his foot off the exam-pedal a few years ago to focus on his business, Alan is now fixated on becoming Chartered, at the expense of his friends and social life.
- Claire Lindsay – currently a trainee Parpalanner / Paraplanner, Claire has worked in the Financial Services Industry since 2005 and in her current role with Henderson Loggie Financial Planning since October 2017.
- Amira Norris – Amira oversees Nucleus’ national team of dedicated Account Managers. She’s a big fan of continuous learning. Her most recent achievement is the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines, awarded with merit, no less. In the not so distant past, Amira worked with the PFS as a Facilitator on regional Study Groups in the West Midlands while also offering private 1-2-1 and small group training. Amira is s PFS Fellow and was also a Partner in an IFA Practice before selling in 2016.
- Nicola Mellor – Qualifications Director at the CII. Nicola is responsible for the CII’s qualifications for insurance and personal finance. Her role covers the delivery of assessments, especially the CII’s work to innovate this, and also the design and review of qualifications and how they fit the sector, including within apprenticeships and career development journeys.
Q&A: When, where and how much?
Q: When and where will the Howwow take place?
A: This Howwow takes place on our crowdcast channel here and is on Wednesday 24 June, 1.00-2.00pm.
Q: What if I can’t make it to the Howwow?
A: That’s the good news. Book a spot and watch a replay of the session whenever it suits you.
Q: How do I book my place and, if so, how much does it cost?
A: It’s FREE. Head over to the Howwow channel by clicking the ‘BOOK NOW’ button on this page, and once there click ‘SAVE MY SPOT’ for the event.