Howwow online: UK & Australia paraplanning - what we can learn from each other? Thursday 8 November 2018
What's it all about?
At the Powwow we’re always looking for ways to challenge our own paraplanning bubble. So we thought, how about we look further afield, like perhaps even the other side of the world…and, that’s exactly what we’ve done.
In this Howwow you’ll get a chance to meet and chat with some of the Australian paraplanning community. We’ll be looking at the state of paraplanning in each country and what we can learn from each other. In particular we’ll be discussing:
- What does being a paraplanner mean in both countries
- Professional bodies, exams, CPD, awards & minimum standards
- Software & report production
- Supply & demand (inc outsourcing)
- Why the Powwow was set up and is there anything like it in Australia?
- Offshoring, AI & the ‘threat’ of robo-paraplanners
- What we think the future looks like
Curious to see what paraplanning is like on the other side of the world? Then this Howwow is for you.
Meet the Howwow panel
- Richard Allum – Founder of The Paraplanners (and manages to run a few paraplanner events, Powwows and Howwows, or something like that).
- Hayley Knight – Started her career in paraplanning back in 2003 and is the owner of Contract Paraplanning Services,one of the largest Paraplanning companies in Australia.
- Nick Topham – founder of Clique Paraplanning, an onshore outsourced paraplanning agency for Australian financial advisers.
- Wayne Wilkes – Paraplanning Manager at Sinclair Financial Group in Brisbane, Australia. He has fourteen years’ experience as a paraplanner both in the UK and Australia.
Want to ask a question on the topic already? Go on, once you’ve registered, pop your question under the Q&A section – don’t wait for the Howwow, or email us here, or ask in real-time on the day.
Q&A: When, where and how much?
Q: When and where will the Howwow take place?
A: This Howwow takes place on our crowdcast channel here and is on Thursday 8 November, 9-10am.
Q: What if I can’t make it to the Howwow?
A: That’s the good news. Book a spot and watch a replay of the session whenever it suits you.
Q: How do I book my place and, if so, how much does it cost?
A: It’s FREE. Head over to the Howwow channel by clicking the ‘BOOK NOW’ button on this page, and once there click ‘SAVE MY SPOT’ for the event.