The Octopus IHT Howwows: Episode 1, Tuesday 30 October 2018
What's it all about?
Information on IHT planning is what the Powwow paraplanner community want, and that’s what the Powwow is going to give you with the help of supporter, Octopus Investments. If helping clients plan better for inheritance tax is your thing, then this series of three online Howwows is essential viewing.
What with it being a Powwow Howwow, there are plenty of ways for you to get stuck in:
- CPD: At the end of each episode, we’ll share a link to the Octopus website for you to register for your CPD
- Ask a question: If you tune in on the day, you can pop a question or share your experiences in the chatroom
- @ us on twitter: If you can’t make the sessions but still want to ask something, send it to @ParaPowwow on twitter and we’ll see what we can do.
Exploring three of the most popular estate planning strategies – gifting, trusts and Business Property Relief.
Topics covered include:
- The pros and cons of gifting, trusts and Business Property Relief.
- The broader inheritance tax landscape, including recent legislation changes like the residence nil-rate band.
- Three planning scenarios where taking a holistic approach worked out best for clients.
For many clients, trusts will be the backbone of their estate planning. So we’ll look at how trusts interact with other strategies.
Business Property Relief (BPR) is a well-established investment incentive and estate planning tool so we’ll take a closer look at BPR-qualifying investments and how they can complement other inheritance tax planning strategies.
And the stars of the show? The first episode will be brought to you by:
- Richard Allum – MD of The Paraplanners (and manages to run a few paraplanner events, Powwows and Howwows, or something like that).
- Anna Pollins – Head of Strategic Partnerships at Octopus Investments where she leads a team of six who are focused on building distribution relationships, financial adviser networks and nationals, private banks and wealth managers, family offices and professional bodies. Prior to Octopus, Anna spent 9 years at Raymond James Investment Services, working with DFMs and financial advisers in relationship management, platform and business development roles. Anna holds the IMC, IAQ, J02 Trusts and the STEP certificate in tax and estate planning. She has a BA Hons in English and Philosophy from the University of Nottingham.
All aboard the inheritance tax Powwow express
To make sure you don’t miss any episodes, register for each episode separately by clicking on the links above, and then pop them in your diary so you don’t forget.
Q&A: When, where and how much?
Q: When and where will the Howwow take place?
A: This Howwow takes place on our crowdcast channel here and is on Tuesday 30 October, 1-2pm.
Q: What if I can’t make it to the Howwow?
A: That’s the good news. Book a spot and watch a replay of the session whenever it suits you.
Q: How do I book my place and, if so, how much does it cost?
A: It’s FREE. To make sure you don’t miss out on any episodes, register for each episode separately (the other events are linked above). Just head over to the Howwow channel by clicking the ‘BOOK NOW’ button on this page, and once there click ‘SAVE MY SPOT’ for this episode.