The Octopus IHT Howwows: Episode 2, Tuesday 13 November 2018
What's it all about?
Information on IHT planning is what the Powwow paraplanner community want, and that’s what the Powwow is going to give you with the help of supporter, Octopus Investments. If helping clients plan better for inheritance tax is your thing, then this series of three online Howwows is essential viewing.
The Howwows are hosted by Powwow regular, Richard Allum and an Octopus Guru and if you can’t watch them live you can catch it on …well, catch up.
What with it being a Powwow Howwow, there are plenty of ways for you to get stuck in:
- CPD: At the end of each episode, we’ll share a link to the Octopus website for you to register for your CPD
- Ask a question: If you tune in on the day, you can pop a question or share your experiences in the chatroom
- @ us on twitter: If you can’t make the sessions but still want to ask something, send it to @ParaPowwow on twitter and we’ll see what we can do.
Business Property Relief (BPR) is a well-established investment incentive and estate planning tool so we’ll take a closer look at BPR-qualifying investments and how they can complement other inheritance tax planning strategies.
Topics covered include:
- The types of clients who could benefit from BPR-qualifying investments.
- Researching the right provider for your client.
- Due diligence.
Tune into this Howwow to work out how to get the most out of BPR-qualifying investments within an estate planning strategy.
Exploring three of the most popular estate planning strategies – gifting, trusts and Business Property Relief.
For many clients, trusts will be the backbone of their estate planning. So we’ll look at how trusts interact with other strategies.
And the stars of the show? The third episode will be brought to you by:
- Richard Allum – MD of The Paraplanners (and manages to run a few paraplanner events, Powwows and Howwows, or something like that).
- Victoria Barber – Victoria, Strategic Partnerships Account Manager, joined the team in September 2017 to focus on building relationships with advisory networks, service providers and larger national firms. Prior to this, she worked as a Business Development Manager, supporting Financial Advisers and Paraplanners in the South Wales region. Victoria has a BA Hons in American Studies from Swansea University and is currently studying for her diploma in financial planning.
All aboard the inheritance tax Powwow express
To make sure you don’t miss any episodes, register for each episode separately by clicking on the links above, and then pop them in your diary so you don’t forget.
Q&A: When, where and how much?
Q: When and where will the Howwow take place?
A: This Howwow takes place on our crowdcast channel here and is on Tuesday 13 November, 1-2pm.
Q: What if I can’t make it to the Howwow?
A: That’s the good news. Book a spot and watch a replay of the session whenever it suits you.
Q: How do I book my place and, if so, how much does it cost?
A: It’s FREE. To make sure you don’t miss out on any episodes, register for each episode separately (the other events are linked above). Just head over to the Howwow channel by clicking the ‘BOOK NOW’ button on this page, and once there click ‘SAVE MY SPOT’ for this episode.