Utmost basic exploration of investment bonds - Episode 1 Wednesday 14 August 2019
What's it all about?
After last year’s online Howwow series with Utmost, we’ve had more requests for a deeper dive into the workings of investment bonds. So, we’re very happy to be working again with Utmost to explore this topic in a three episode series focussing on this topic.
What’s your starting point?
Whether you’re dipping your toes into this topic for the first time, or a seasoned investment bond boffin, there’s something in this series for you. We’ve divided the topic into three sessions – basic, intermediate and advanced – so you can select the level you want to watch. However, there are lots of good tips in each session so we’d recommend watching them all.
Case studies for episodes 1 – 3 can be found here. Solutions will be shared on this website after the events.
The series will be brought to you by:
- Richard Allum – MD of The Paraplanners (and manages to run a few paraplanner events, Powwows and Howwows, or something like that)
- Steve Sayer– Utmost Wealth Solutions’ Technical Sales Manager with over 20 years’ experience in the international life assurance sector. During this time he has provided tax and trust technical services, specialising in non-domicile and IHT planning. He also has experience of cross-border planning and the development of products for the UK high-net-worth market.
- Life assurance vs capital redemption bonds
- Jurisdictions: Isle of Man vs Ireland
- Brexit (arghhh)
- Who needs a bond?
- Tax within the bond
- Tax paid by the bond holder
- Bond withdrawals
- ‘New’ top slicing rules
Airing on 14th August 2019.
- Part surrenders vs full surrenders
- Tax due dates
- Combining part & full surrenders
- Policy years & tax years
- Deficiency relief
- Loss of personal allowance
- Recent Court rulings on ‘disproportionate’ cases
- Personal Portfolio Bonds
Airing on 21st August 2019.
- Disregarded assets
- Updated top slicing guidance
- Maximising top slicing advantage with detailed case study
- Time Apportion Relief (pre & post 2016)
- Planning for UK resident non domicile clients
- Bonds & retirement income strategies
Airing on 28th August 2019.
Utmost will be providing CPD certificates. We’ll pop a link in the chatroom at the end of each episode. This will take you to the Utmost website where you will need to add your contact details for it to be sent to you. They will also ask if you are OK for them to provide follow up communications but that’s up to you to decide.
Your questions answered
You can submit your questions before the episodes, on the day in the chat room or even in The Big Tent. Utmost will be hanging around to answer them.
On demand viewing
Of course, the episodes will be recorded so if you prefer to watch them in your own time, all in one go, then fill your boots.
Q&A: When, where and how much?
Q: When and where will the Howwow take place?
A: This Howwow takes place on our crowdcast channel here and is on Wednesday 14 August, 1-2pm.
Q: What if I can’t make it to the Howwow?
A: That’s the good news. Book a spot and watch a replay of the session whenever it suits you.
Q: How do I book my place and, if so, how much does it cost?
A: It’s FREE. To make sure you don’t miss out on any episodes, register for each episode separately (the other events are linked above). Just head over to the Howwow channel by clicking the ‘BOOK NOW’ button on this page, and once there click ‘SAVE MY SPOT’ for this episode.