Rory’s online Howwow debut sparked a lot of interesting conversation and questions, so much so that before we knew it we were out of time. To be honest, we had an inkling that an hour with Rory would not be long enough, that’s why we’re rather happy to announce that he’ll be back in the Autumn to tackle more of your questions. This will include more on risk profiling in particular; perfect timing as he’s publishing his research paper in September.
Here’s a quick reminder of what Rory covered in the online Howwow, plus a link to the handout he waved on camera.
There was lots of interest in this and we covered technical and suitability issues including:
- Why critical yield is not enough to demonstrate suitability
- The FCAs new proposed cash flow based alternative
- Why a full financial plan is needed
- Contingent charging
- Showing the real cost of the benefits being given up
- Insistent clients
- What a good report should contain and not contain
- How to strip back content and remain compliant
- Rory provided a useful slide on this topic and you can download it here
- Why just using a profiling tool is often not enough to do the job properly
- The Disney Princess Scale (copyright Nathan Fryer)
- Capacity vs tolerance